If you'd like to help the animals of Home At Last, please consider joining us as a volunteer. A wide range of volunteer opportunities awaits any energetic animal lover. Among them are:
- Fundraising--we've got all kinds of events from working UK games to wrapping presents at Amazon to annual galas. We need help with it all!
- Walking, grooming, and companionship for animals
- Coordinating special projects--adoption days, tabling events, etc.
- In-home visits to adoptive or foster homes (especially outside Kentucky)
- Transporting adopted animals to and from adoption days or to their new home.
- Shed, fence, and building construction
- Basic obedience training for dogs
- Providing transportation in Lexington to and from a local spay/neuter clinic.
- Assisting with public relations & events
- Providing foster homes for special dogs, cats, or rabbits
- For a few days, care for cats recovering from spay/neuter surgery.
Above are just a few of the opportunities we have available. Have an idea about how to help, or special skill you don't see here? No problem! To learn more about becoming a volunteer - send us a message directed to "Volunteering".